Tips on Winter Driving
There are a lot of things that can happen when the snow starts coming down. Winter sports begin, kids start their sledding adventures, and safety becomes a high priority. To keep your family safe this winter season, there are some things that you will want to do. These tips can help keep you from having an accident or from having an expensive repair bill.
Tires Make all the Difference
Traction is everything while driving on the ice. Good snow tires will help keep your car on the road and you from spinning out.
- The Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 provides traction to keep you from sliding. This tire is specially designed to provide the best gripping power around.
- The Yokohama BluEarth Winter is designed to provide maximum traction while on snow or traveling on wet roads. This tire is built to last the winter and rainy season
- Michelin X-Ice X13 Winter Tire has a name that says it all. Designed with ice in mind, these tires will keep you on the road even when the ice turns to slush.
- Look at the Dunlop Winter Maxx Winter Tire. This tire comes with layers of technology inspired safety features designed to keep you safe during the snowy days.
No matter what kind of snow tire you have on the car, there is nothing better than good driving skills.
Being Prepared for Emergencies
It is always a good idea to keep certain items in your car during the winter months.
- Keep cat litter in the trunk of your car along with a small hand shovel. Cat litter can provide traction on the ice in case you get stuck. The shovel comes in handy to remove excess snow from around the wheels.
- A small tub of small non-perishable food should be kept in the car. If you go off of the road during a storm, it can take several hours before you are rescued.
- Keep a cell phone charger in the car so you can keep your phone in working order.
- Place a few blankets or sleeping bags in the back so you can stay warm. If you get stuck in the snow, there is a good chance your car will not start so you will need a way to stay warm.
Staying safe while you drive during the winter months should always be a high priority for every person. Take a moment and put the phone numbers of your Auto Club, Insurance Agent from Kyle Insurance Group, and the towing company in the glove box. If you have any questions about winter safety, we can help. Visit our website or just give us a call at Kyle Insurance Group - Affordable American Insurance and let us answer your questions for you.