Are Your Highly Valuable Items Adequately Covered This Season?
The holiday season is a wonderful time of the year for many people. They get to have fun with friends and family and celebrate special times. Homeowners will often invite people over to the house for various parties and gatherings to really make these times special. These are the times when it is important to make sure your insurance policies are current and your valuables are protected.
Major Items Needing Extra Protection
There are some items in your home that do need some extra insurance protection.
- Jewelry is a common item found in any household. All expensive pieces should be insured for what they are worth. Most home insurance policies only cover jewelry up to a set amount. You could end up losing a lot of value without having the added protection.
- Personal computers have a set amount built into the home policy for which coverage is provided. Business use may require a special policy.
- Tools are a favorite item for thieves to borrow and not return. If any of your tools are high priced, it would be prudent to have them listed on a special items policy for what they are actually worth.
Slips, Trips and More
Snow has arrived in many parts of the country. The question to think about is if your insurance can cover the following hazards.
- Slippery conditions happen when it snows. All it can take is a neighbor taking a fall on your sidewalk and the next thing you know, there is a lawsuit against you. Keep the walks free from ice and check your liability coverage.
- Fire in the home is often caused by an overloaded outlet or a dry tree. Keep the tree watered throughout the holidays or consider using a fake tree with a fire resistant rating.
- Some people like to play Santa and get on the roof to surprise the kids. Falling off a rooftop is never a good idea. Take the time to remove the snow and ice from the roof to help minimize this issue.
What Are My Options?
Knowledge is wise when it comes time to decide on what to do with your issues.
- Liability coverage is automatically found to be a part of your homeowner’s insurance policy. You get to select between various amounts of coverage.
- A valuable items policy is available for items you own that are worth a lot of money. It is also a good idea to take pictures of all your belongings to have proof that you owned them in the first place should there ever be a claim.
An umbrella policy extends liability coverage. Depending on your risk and exposure this could be of great benefit to you.
The holiday season does not have to be a stressful time of the year. You can be prepared. If you have any questions about the types of policies you have or what you need to have proof of, then call us at Kyle Insurance Group - Affordable American Insurance today or visit our website. We can help you navigate through the insurance policies in question so you can make an informed decision.